I'd like to highlight a few contacts for you:
- freenode #bluehackers — a community chat channel for depressed hackers
- 1-800-SUICIDE and 1-800-273-TALK — US national hotlines, routes to a center near you
- IMAlive anonymous online chat support
- 211 — US national referral and information line
- 1-866-4-U-TREVOR and anonymous online chat — the Trevor Project, for queer youth
- 1-800-273-AIDS — San Francisco Suicide Prevention, for queer/HIV+ adults
- 08457 90 90 90 — The Samaritans' UK hotline
- firstname.lastname@example.org — The Samaritans' email support
- 02/649 95 55 — Centrum ter Preventie van Zelfdoding, Dutch hotline & online chat
- Metanoia's suicide resources page
- alt.suicide.holiday usenet / google group and moderated Yahoo group
- alt.suicide.busstop IRC: irc.darkmyst.org #asbs FAQ
If you'd like to contact the panelists, they are:
- daravinne email@example.com
- Jimmie P Rodgers @jprodgers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meredith L. Patterson @maradydd email@example.com
- Michael Zeltner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mitch Altman @maltman23 email@example.com
If you want to talk, you can contact any of the above. Whatever you're going through, at least some of us have been through the same shit in our own lives; you're not alone.
This is a bit of a placeholder page; I'm sorry it's so basic right now. What I would like to create is a website where people can just enter a few bits of data (zip / location, desired name, age, and any special categories like queer, veteran, etc) and get immediately connected to the right resource. It's not ready yet, though. I'm compiling a large spreadsheet of suicide/depression hotlines.
If you'd like to help, please fill it out further and call the listings to verify that the information is correct. If you're a mobile app developer, please email me; I'd like to make it an instant-connect app, but I lack the skills, as I mainly do web dev.