Sai v. TSA et al., No. 1:15-cv-13308 (D. MA.) [BOS]
Help wanted! Support me on Patreon or with Bitcoin / PayPal. Share (& please email me a link). US citizens, contact your senator/rep and ask them to rein in the TSA. Any potential pro bono counsel and amici, please email me.
Filed 2015-09-04, this case brings a wide range of civil rights claims against TSA, individual TSA agents, and Massport police stemming from my abuse at BOS airport (under Bivens/§1983, Rehabilitation Act, 1st & 4th amendment, etc).
The BDOs selected me because I was mute and wearing a satirical shirt; they screened me for ~40m looking almost exclusively at my prescription labels, notes, checkbook, books, etc; they ripped paper out of my hands (literally depriving me of speech) in admitted retaliation for my protesting the illegality of their search and refusing to answer questions.
The admission can be found both in the BDOs' notes and TSA's formal response to my complaint & appeal.
- 2013-01-21 Video, transcript (post FOIA litigation)
- Notes written day-of to BDOs, to police, and after incident; satirical shirt logo
- BDOs' notes
- 2013-01-29 Rehab Act complaint
- 2015-03-04 TSA response to Rehab Act complaint (obtained after Rehab Act litigation)
- 2015-05-03 administrative appeal
- 2015-08-25 TSA administrative appeal response
- Denied my motions for IFP privacy, appointment / fee waiver under 42 USC 2000a3(a), CM/ECF, and clarification. All denied (minute orders, ECF No. 7, 9, & 11) without any explanation at all.
- Complaint (complaint [not yet served, pending collateral appeal on IFP issue])
Next update: Probably in a few months, once the IFP appeal is resolved and I can ask for appointment of counsel without violating my privacy.